Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 10, 2009
I'm not sure when this started but I'm on 11.4.1 with messages in iCloud turned on and I have a constant issue with my devices receiving iMessages and not getting the notification or the red bubble. I could receive an iMessage, not get notified and then open the app and see it just sitting there. At first I thought it might be an issue with my service with T-Mobile as it is moderate to weak at work but it happens at home with good signal as well. Also happens with wifi turned on too. I think it started with 11.4.1 so I'm gonna try iOS 12 beta to see if it helps once they re-release the new beta hopefully in a few days.

Anyone else come across this? I'm using an iPhone 8 Plus, iPad Pro 10.5 and a 2016 MBP with TB all on the latest software versions.

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 10, 2009
Was able to resolve the issue thankfully. Updating to PB 7 OTA did not work. Also resetting all settings did not either. I wound up reinstalling 11.4.1 via iTunes and was able to restore my iCloud backup with no issues and that was it. Now I'm getting everything on all devices as intended.

Reactions: radubraharu
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.