Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beachmusic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
St. George Island
Recently purchased a modem from Best Buy using Apple Pay. About 5 minutes after I put the order in I canceled it. Got a email from BB saying cancellation was successful. It's been 8 days and refund has not shown up on Apple Card. Is this amount of time normal?

FHoff

Suspended
Mar 21, 2020
Usually doesn’t take that long. I believe they state it can take up to 10 days.

Semiopaque

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2008
Recently had a similar issue but paid BestBuy via PayPal. Took about two weeks after cancellation to get the refund.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Recently purchased a modem from Best Buy using Apple Pay. About 5 minutes after I put the order in I canceled it. Got a email from BB saying cancellation was successful. It's been 8 days and refund has not shown up on Apple Card. Is this amount of time normal?
Did the order actually get charged to the card? If you cancelled it just minutes after placing it often enough the initial temporary charge that would go in for the order simply wouldn't be confirmed and wouldn't transition to an actual charge (it would stay as a temporary charge for a little while and then just disappear).

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I checked again and even though it's been 8 days it does still say pending. Thanks for the responses.
It might just drop off after a few more days (I think pending transactions can stay up to 14 days) and that might be that, no refund actually needed as no charge actually gets posted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.