Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brianjcameron

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
I have two Seagate One Touch HDD 4Gb external drives.
One connected to USB, one connected to USB-C on my Mac Mini M1.

I have just upgraded to Ventura and it is now only seeing one HDD at any one time.

I have tried:
Putting both on USB
Putting both on USB-C
Swapping Cables

In disk utility both appear to be mounted, but one shows as "Owners: Enabled" and one as "Owners: Disabled". The problematic one shows as being full, when it is not.

If i unmount them both. I can mount any one and it works fine.

The problem is, only the one i mount first works. The other never shows in finder. I have each named differently, but with basic IT skills I am amiss as to what to try next.

FYI: I have mounted a second drive by another manufacturer at the same time as one of the Seagate One Touch HDD's and they work fine together.

The problem only arises when the two identical external drive types are mounted together.

Help!

willpost

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2019
I have run into same problem as you describe. There is a workaround to this and a solution as posted below by maker of Carbon Copy Cloner
https://bombich.com/kb/ccc6/macos-ventura-known-issues
The external drives that are invisible BUT show up in disk utilities app are both Samsung SSDs I was able to backup the drives through CCC although they were not in finder nor show on desktop, Follow instructions in link and they will be on desktop

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.