Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jordysak

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 8, 2021
I recently got a projector, to which I can share my screen from my iPhone via wifi. However, using the wifi to share the screen I cannot access internet.. so the the purpose is basically pointless! I can use the mobile data and that way use the internet while screen sharing, but I have limited data. Is there any way around this?

I tried a way using my macbook, which is connected to the house wifi. I activated 'internet sharing' via bluetooth pan and now my macbook is acting as a hotspot, to which my iPhone connects via bluetooth and has access to internet.. however it's incredibly slow..
Any suggestions?

glenthompson

macrumors demi-god
Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
How are you connecting to the projector? Is the projector one Ted to your home wifi? Does it provide a wifi hotspot to connect to it? If so that’s your problem since you’ve chosen a different wlan that has no internet connection. Try to get the projector connected to your home wifi so everything is on the same network.

Reactions: Runs For Fun

jordysak

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 8, 2021
How are you connecting to the projector? Is the projector one Ted to your home wifi? Does it provide a wifi hotspot to connect to it? If so that’s your problem since you’ve chosen a different wlan that has no internet connection. Try to get the projector connected to your home wifi so everything is on the same network.
Hi there, thanks for the reply. I actually managed to connect just fine, I connected the projector via the router and then I shared the screen while being connected to the wifi source (that way I don't consume my data plan) just fine! Just had to do a bit more reading on the manual and got there, thank you though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.