Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bj097

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
My iPhone is newly bought this month but it's an old model so it comes with iOS 14.1. I haven't updated it but I found that many apps hang up quite often, not exaggerating, at least once every 10 minutes of continuous use. Is it because I haven't updated to latest iOS? Or is it because of any other underlying reason? e.g apps alone? However, I only install apps from reputed developers e.g. ig, whatsapp

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
which iPhone model do you use? Which apps are affected? At least updating to 14.8 and subsequently - if necessary- updating apps might help.

bj097

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
which iPhone model do you use? Which apps are affected? At least updating to 14.8 and subsequently - if necessary- updating apps might help.
many apps, including default apps by Apple, it just freezes and I have to kill the apps and restart it. iPhone mini 12

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 601
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
Maybe this is due to not updating, but it seems likely there are other possible causes. For example, how much free storage space do you have (Settings > General > iPhone Storage > X GB Used of Y GB)?

By all means, upgrade to iOS 15.x - there's certainly no reason an iPhone 12-series can't run that OS without problems. But I suspect that will not turn out to be the ultimate solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.