Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inselstudent

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
Hi,

I just found out you can have bullet point lists in Notes.app. I mean not just lists where you manually put a bullet point • or hyphen - in front of each entry, but an actual list that will insert a new bullet point/hyphen for each new line after pressing enter.

Here's the problem:
However, Notes.app for iOS seems only capable of that if the bullet point list was created on your Mac computer, and then synced to you iDevice via iCloud. Only then it'll automatically add -/• for each new line. If the note was created on your iDevice, it doesn't work.

So, has anyone solved this yet, or has even had the same issue?

I hope you understand what I'm trying to get at :) thanks for any input!

bdrake47

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2012
I'd love to see this feature too!

Seems like Notes.app hasn't been updated in a long time.

macalec

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
Hi,

I just found out you can have bullet point lists in Notes.app. I mean not just lists where you manually put a bullet point • or hyphen - in front of each entry, but an actual list that will insert a new bullet point/hyphen for each new line after pressing enter.

Here's the problem:
However, Notes.app for iOS seems only capable of that if the bullet point list was created on your Mac computer, and then synced to you iDevice via iCloud. Only then it'll automatically add -/• for each new line. If the note was created on your iDevice, it doesn't work.

So, has anyone solved this yet, or has even had the same issue?

I hope you understand what I'm trying to get at :) thanks for any input!

That would be great if the app allowed for the list to be created on the iOS. Unfortunately the app does not have the functionality it should. Maybe we will see this in iOS 7. You could always use pages.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.