Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FraIphone2023

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2023
Are Notes giving someone the same problem of mine? Never had serious issues on previous 14 pro max but Notes are practically useless on my new Iphone 15 pro max crashing every time I close the app and go back to it. It doesn't happen when I open it but when I close it and I come back to , switching between app . Apple assistance methods didn't help. Suggestions or similar experiences to share? Many thanks in advance

Reactions: infomofo

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009
I’m not having issues with Notes on my 15 PM, but you if your Notes are synced in iCloud, you can try:

1. turning off notes in iCloud.
2. Removing the Notes app off the phone.
3. Restart the phone
4. Reinstall notes
5. Turn on notes in iCloud.

FraIphone2023

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2023
I’m not having issues with Notes on my 15 PM, but you if your Notes are synced in iCloud, you can try:

1. turning off notes in iCloud.
2. Removing the Notes app off the phone.
3. Restart the phone
4. Reinstall notes
5. Turn on notes in iCloud.
I'm gonna try and let you know asap.Many thanks for your time!

Buttercup2Go

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2023
Are Notes giving someone the same problem of mine? Never had serious issues on previous 14 pro max but Notes are practically useless on my new Iphone 15 pro max crashing every time I close the app and go back to it. It doesn't happen when I open it but when I close it and I come back to , switching between app . Apple assistance methods didn't help. Suggestions or similar experiences to share? Many thanks in advance
Good day!

Yes, I am also experiencing the same issue on my 14 Pro Max with the newest 17.0.3 update. It’s also happening on my iPad and Mac (not much for Mac, but still wonky) running iPadOS 17.0.3 and macOS Sonoma.

Basically it’s like you said— Opening the app then switching between apps and going back to it causes the app to stutter then crash after a few seconds. It’s practically unusable. I’m also using iCloud Notes, but this never happened back in iOS/iPadOS 16. I’ve seen others try to fix it with said methods (even erasing their device) but the issue persisted.

Maybe you should try reporting this issue to Apple Support so they can forward it to their engineering team. I rely on the notes app a lot so I understand this is very bothersome. What we can do is wait for 17.1 and hope it gets fixed then.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009
You can try waiting to see if Apple fixes the issue. The alternative, if you have a Mac (I wouldn’t trust doing this on an iOS device), would be to move all the notes out of iCloud and make them local device only notes. Basically delete all iCloud notes. Once that’s done and you’ve verified that Notes no longer crashes, you can put them back into iCloud.

I did that once under I think it was iOS 15 to fix a stuck syncing issue, but I don’t know if that would help here.

FraIphone2023

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2023
Good day!

Yes, I am also experiencing the same issue on my 14 Pro Max with the newest 17.0.3 update. It’s also happening on my iPad and Mac (not much for Mac, but still wonky) running iPadOS 17.0.3 and macOS Sonoma.

Basically it’s like you said— Opening the app then switching between apps and going back to it causes the app to stutter then crash after a few seconds. It’s practically unusable. I’m also using iCloud Notes, but this never happened back in iOS/iPadOS 16. I’ve seen others try to fix it with said methods (even erasing their device) but the issue persisted.

Maybe you should try reporting this issue to Apple Support so they can forward it to their engineering team. I rely on the notes app a lot so I understand this is very bothersome. What we can do is wait for 17.1 and hope it gets fixed then.
Many thanks for sharing ! And you made me realise there's a Ios 17.0.3 to download. Let's hope it will get fixed soon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.