Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silly John Fatty

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
Notes on my OSX Mountain Lion won’t sync anymore. (and neither on the iPhone it seems)

I’ve googled the issue and there seems to be a lot about it, most people suggest to logout and login again from Notes.

But I’ve made the mistake to wait for too long — I don’t know which notes have been synced already, and which haven’t, because their order is in a mess.

When I tried to logout it warned me that it would delete them all. Now I would like to avoid this!

So is there another solution?

Resolved: Reset the accounts from the iPhone, there it will ask you if you’d like to keep them or not (unlike on the Mac).

Last edited:

ApfelKwaX

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2013
Zurich, Switzerland
Sync Notes between OSX7, OSX8 and iPhone

Same issue. This solved:

OSX7 and iPhone keep Notes in sync thru Mail. As you sync mails, you keep Notes fine in sync with OSX7 the iFon.

OSX8 syncs Notes same as on the iCloud web site. Only Notes related to the AppleID of Login (in my case an ...@me.com address) are in sync on iCloud.

On OSX7 I dropped all the Notes on the ...@me.com account. Right at this moment all Notes appeared on on iCloud and on OSX8.

I hope this can be useful...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.