Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WuMing2

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2023
I suddenly decided to clear up Notes a bit. Deleted tens, modified as much and moved them to different folders. Now on my iOS 15 iPhone some are still in the original folder. iCloud.com shows the problem was with macOS High Sierra and iOS 15 truthfully shows the current condition.

Anyone else experiencing issues with Notes syncing from High Sierra?

DeepYogurt

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2008
I've had many problems with my AppleID on High Sierra - have given up entirely in fact. It simply refuses to login any longer, and I have to do anything related to using the AppleID with a different Mac, running Mojave version of macOS. Are you able to use the System Preferences iCloud pane to login and view the status of services that use iCloud (Notes, Photos, Mail, Contacts, etc)? Is the Notes item checked so that it's using iCloud? I called Apple support long ago, but they were not interested in supporting High Sierra so never did figure out what the problem was. I just noticed a thread on Apple Discussions forum about a possible problem with Apple certificate - see https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253811711 for more info. Good luck...

I just tried it and it made no difference, but perhaps you will have better luck...

-bob

Last edited:

WuMing2

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2023
Thanks for the message.

Although HS is not compatible with Reminders and Safari tabs on iCloud anymore it does sync with the rest. It just happens it missed to sync the new folder location of some notes. Content is up to date instead.

Will try to perform the move between folders again. Perhaps from iOS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.