Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sheetrock321

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
I like Reminders because when you check off an item, it gets removed or archived.

Does the new Notes have this capability?

I've scoured the web with no answers :(

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
I like Reminders because when you check off an item, it gets removed or archived.
Does the new Notes have this capability? I've scoured the web with no answers :(

I believe you can only delete the note when finished, you can add check boxes to text within the notes, but basically when complete you can either keep it or delete it.

Reactions: sheetrock321

sheetrock321

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
I believe you can only delete the note when finished, you can add check boxes to text within the notes, but basically when complete you can either keep it or delete it.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same. Pity. I really like having the items "go away." For example, at the grocery store, check things off, then refresh and only items I haven't got yet are left.

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
Yeah, I'm thinking the same. Pity. I really like having the items "go away." For example, at the grocery store, check things off, then refresh and only items I haven't got yet are left.

Yeah that would great, there are plenty of shopping apps that have that feature, I use "buy me a pie" - it can be set up with a list for each store as a separate list and the checked off items go dim and to the bottom - but items can be retrieved / reset for the next shopping trip with a single click to put them on the list again.

Reactions: sheetrock321

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Yeah that would great, there are plenty of shopping apps that have that feature, I use "buy me a pie" - it can be set up with a list for each store as a separate list and the checked off items go dim and to the bottom - but items can be retrieved / reset for the next shopping trip with a single click to put them on the list again.

Reminders actually did that too. Just create Shopping Lists to the lists.

sheetrock321

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008

Ok, thanks. I checked it out a bit, seems a possibility. I like the color coding and having it desktop accessible.

Reminders actually did that too. Just create Shopping Lists to the lists.

Correct, but I was hoping Notes did it, as it's more robust, plus you can copy and paste, whereas Reminders, you have to copy and paste one item at a time. Annoying! Plus exporting a list is in ".ics" format.

Make Me a Pie could be the key to my happiness, haha. We'll see, maybe I'll check out some other similar apps. Ah, first world problems.

Vertdegris

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2020
I had also been looking up how to do this on various forums, but ended up figuring it out on my own, so I thought I’d share in case anyone else it looking.
It is possible now (on iOS 13 at least). Long tap (or 2 finger tap) to bring up the menu, then use the right arrow to get to checklist. Tap on checklist, then tap delete checked. Viola! All the checked items on your list are gone!

Joey Nuggets

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2024

Does the new Notes have this capability?

I've scoured the web with no answers :(
Reading the other replies to "how to delete line-item, entries from NOTES on the MAC, I figured out a solution.
Using the bullet point format to make lists with check offs, I want to remove completed items. I select the entire list, click OFF bullet points, remove items or entries as you desire, then reclick the Bullet Point Icon. Voila. Should work for the Tables format as well

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.