Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wayland1985

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Hello all. I'm trialing a MobileMe subscription right now, and I had a question about notes.

When I write a note on my iPhone, it will appear on my Mac's Mail application, under REMINDER >>> Notes, as if it were an email account.

On Me.com, there's a folder Labeled notes, but there are no notes attached.

So, Should my Notes be syncing through mobileme??? Or what?

Macsterguy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Texas
Make sure you have notes sync selected "or checked" in syst prefs / mobileme. There are also more notes configuration in mail prefs...

wayland1985

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Make sure you have notes sync selected "or checked" in syst prefs / mobileme. There are also more notes configuration in mail prefs...

I think I see what's happening: There are two notes accounts? "On my Mac" and "MobileMe".

Is there a way to merge the two? It seems redundant if they're pushed...

Macsterguy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Texas
In mail.app - syst prefs / composing - there is a drop down to select "mobileme" OR "on my Mac" as a place to compose and create notes... Having said that, I just don't get Apple's implementation of notes... In iOS4 it is more of the same...

Why are notes in any way related to email? Notes should be a standalone app OR used with calendar... ANYTHING but mail. Why open mail to get to notes? I would love to use notes if I could figure out how to use Apple's way of using them in my life...

Am I missing something? does anybody use notes?

wayland1985

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
In mail.app - syst prefs / composing - there is a drop down to select "mobileme" OR "on my Mac" as a place to compose and create notes... Having said that, I just don't get Apple's implementation of notes... In iOS4 it is more of the same...

Why are notes in any way related to email? Notes should be a standalone app OR used with calendar... ANYTHING but mail. Why open mail to get to notes? I would love to use notes if I could figure out how to use Apple's way of using them in my life...

Am I missing something? does anybody use notes?

I'll have to try that. I use notes on my iPhone all the time. It'd be nice if it were linked with the Calendar... and it'd also be nice if it'd link with the Sticky Notes application on the Dashboard, or even the Notes application for the desktop...

I don't get why apple has 3 separate ways of using notes in OSX... It is quite poorly designed

kakkalla

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
Melbourne
Notes do sync

Any notes you create in the MobileMe folder in Mail will get synced to your MobileMe account and will almost instantly appear on you iPhone if you have upgraded to iOS4. Of course, any notes you create on your iPhone will sync back to you Mac's MobileMe notes folder.

I have tried this with the iPad but it doesn't work because it is not running iOS4. So more waiting I'm afraid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.