Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

enthusiastic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2013
I have an iPhone 4S running iOS 7. I noticed that neither the notification center nor the control center were showing up when I was swiping from top and bottom resp.

At first, I thought I wasn't swiping properly. Then I was sure something was wrong. I restarted the phone by holding the sleep and home buttons. After the restart, everything was fine.

This has happened to me twice. Unfortunately, I don't know what events cause this, since the effect is observed at random times. The cause(s) cannot be detected easily.

Anyone else with this issue?

tennisproha

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2011
Texas
for the sake of not creating a new thread for the same topic, I'm bumping this one.

in iOS 8, notifications and control center randomly stop pulling out. they pull out from the lock screen but once you get to the home screen and beyond, they don't respond. only fix for me has been a reboot every time. looks like this was a prob in iOS 7 as well and still in iOS 8. although I never had it in 7. I'm running iOS 8.1 on the iPad

edit: I see this was initially posted in iPhone and this is an iOS issue I'm having. sorry bout that.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.