Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikeyiphone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
When opening up my iPhone I seen a notification banner saying password appear in the same way I get any notification banner on my phone.

I clicked it and it brought me to my password settings. I had to faceid to get into that. I do have a lot security recommendations but I can not recall ever seeing a notification banner come up about it.

I guess I just want to know if this is normal.

mikeyiphone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
Appreciate the info.

This was a banner that came from up top the screen. It didn’t tell me to change any passwords. Just brought me to the password settings where I had 50+ security recommendations.

I think it was legit. I didn’t click any links or change passwords. Just never seen anything like it before.

Dust-by-Monday

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2021
Appreciate the info.

This was a banner that came from up top the screen. It didn’t tell me to change any passwords. Just brought me to the password settings where I had 50+ security recommendations.

I think it was legit. I didn’t click any links or change passwords. Just never seen anything like it before.
Some of your passwords may have been in a recent data leak and Apple is trying to warn you. That's probably why there's 50+ security recommendations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.