Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ross1998

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
Hey guys I've had this problem since beta 1 and I was wondering if maybe there is something I haven't enabled or there is a known fix.

Whenever my screen is on and I'm doing something and I get a notification or text message I don't get any alert. My phone doesn't show the banner nor vibrates. I checked in the notification settings and messages are set to banner alert which is what I want.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
So is this for all notifications? Still happens in beta 4?

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
This was a bug that came about in B3 and was resolved in B4, at least for me. Messages was the only app affected in my case.

xpower180

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2011
UK/Dubai
I had this issue with my iPad. Toggling the do not disturb schedule button seemed to be the fix in my case...

ross1998

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
So is this for all notifications? Still happens in beta 4?

Yes for all notifications, except I was able to somehow get a Facebook notification banner, but never works for messages for me even in beta 4

emckai

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2013
Try going to General -> Reset all Settings (not content and settings) and see if that fixes the issue.

If it bothers you that much, try doing a CLEAN INSTALL of iOS 7 Beta 4. Don't restore from a backup because that may carry-over the existing issue.
If you cannot do a CLEAN INSTALL because you are not a developer or your UDID is not register, I suggest you register your UDID (About $8) or become a developer ($99).

Good luck!

saucyp

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2015
Okay so I've been having this problem with my messages for about 2 weeks now (I have the iPhone 6S version 9.1)

*P.S I'm not sure if my other notifications weren't working cause I only use my message nofications*

and I tried restarting my phone a bunch of times, along with turning the banner and alert notifications on and off, and NOTHING worked. I feel ridiculous tho because in a last ditch effort, I completely turned off my message notifications all together and then turned them back on and now they work! Idk if this will help or work for anyone else but I thought I should let you guys know :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.