Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Does clearing a notification on watch OR phone clear it on both?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nodnerb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2023
When you clear a notification on either your watch or phone does it automatically clear from the other? Or is this another one of those apple-isms where they don't really give a ****? Like the paralax effect of the home screen missing, or not receiving imessage notifications on the watch occasionally. Both issues been going on for generations but everyone just accepts because it's apple. I have done all of the standard troubleshooting found online.

Wondering if this is another one of those bugs that effects everyone and yet apple could care a less about.

Last edited:

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
When you clear a notification on either your watch or phone does it automatically clear from the other? Or is this another one of those apple-isms where they don't really give a ****? Like the paralax effect of the home screen missing, or not receiving imessage notifications on the watch occasionally. Both issues been going on for generations but everyone just accepts because it's apple. I have done all of the standard troubleshooting found online.

Wondering if this is another one of those bugs that effects everyone and yet apple could care a less about.
Clears both for many things. No for Apple’s mail app, however.
My watch does get all my notifications, however, except the ones I’ve set it not to get, so that issue you have that I do not.

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
Every once in a while I will get a “1” notification on my messages that will not go away. I found if I text myself and then delete the text it solves the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.