Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Random Gemini

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2010
Washington
I'm looking for the setting for notification sounds. When I receive an iMessage or text message, my phone only notifies me with a tone when the phone is unlocked. When the phone is locked, nada. I'm probably missing something or something got moved when I installed the Beta.

Any thoughts?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I'm looking for the setting for notification sounds. When I receive an iMessage or text message, my phone only notifies me with a tone when the phone is unlocked. When the phone is locked, nada. I'm probably missing something or something got moved when I installed the Beta.

Any thoughts?

Is do not disturb turned on? There is an option in it that makes notification sounds only when the phone is unlocked.

WZRD8KD

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2017

Any thoughts?

I'm having the same issue. New iPhone 7 Plus and joined the iOS 12 Public Beta Stream.

When anyone sends a SMS or iMessage and the phone is locked, I get no audio notification that I received a message. If I press the home button, I can see I received messages, but no notification. And like you said, if the phone is unlocked and just sitting at the home screen, the notification sounds work perfectly normal.

Ring/silent switch is set to normal position, volume/ringer turned all the way up, Do Not Disturb is turned off.

Anyways, I reported the feedback to Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.