Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ingvidl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2017
Hi, recently apps on my iPhone 6 haven't loaded in notifications. Apps such as Facebook, Messenger and snapchat haven't sent any notifications. I have to actively go in on the apps and refresh and look. I think the problem is with the phone, and not the apps, as this also affects sending messages. I can no longer send iMessages, only texts. I don't receive imessages either. When i try to send a iMessage, it says it couldn't send it, and sends a regular text instead. I have recently been on vacation, where I switched off cellular data (?), or whatever it is called in english. At first I thought the apps weren't loading in notifications normally because of the bad hotel wifi, but the problem have only continued after returning home, and turning the data on again.
Only Mail and App Store works without opening the apps, they find new updates and new mails without problems.

I have tried to reinstall some of the apps,
Also I checked the settings for notifications, but everything was turned on.

All help and tips will be deeply appreciated :)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You can try resetting network settings to see if that might help things.

Ingvidl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2017
How can I do that?
Also the notifications won't load even when connected to wifi, I can't send iMessages over wifi either.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
How can I do that?
Also the notifications won't load even when connected to wifi, I can't send iMessages over wifi either.
You might also want to try disabling and re-enabling iMessage. All of these things would be in various parts of the Settings app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.