Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pappl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2020
Europe
I'm using Apple Homekit with several Homepod minis and AppeTV 4K / iPad Pro.

For some reason i don't find any option to get notifications when any sensor detects a certain status.

e.g.

"When the window sensor is 15 minutes opened then notify me via Siri on my Homepod A to close the window"

"When the temperature reading on Homepod B is lower than XY degrees then notify me via Siri on all Homepods about low temperatures in this room"

"When the humidity reading on Homepod B is lower than 40% then notify me via Siri on all Homepods about dry air in this room"

"When the light in room YZ is active for more than 2 hours then notify me on iPhone if i really still need the light"

or

"Remind us every sunday at 10:00am to do certain maintenance work at home on every Homepod via Siri voice"

or

"When a smartplug is active then use Shortcut Name "XYZ". I have to set up a shortcut automation manually for every single smartplug. No way to direct to a saved shortcut.

This was all very easy to set up with Amazon Echos, on HomePods/Homekit i can't see these basic features. Am i blind?

:confused:

Please help, pappl

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.