Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

c42480

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
So I just switched from Android to IPhone 13 Pro Max. I’m having some learning curve issues. I do have a Apple Watch SE lte also. I’m looking for two problems I have to hopefully be solved. First my notification sounds on the phone are half the volume as my ringer even if I select the same tone for both notifications. And second at work I can’t wear my watch or have my phone on me. So I stream music through a JBL boom box speaker. I get no notification sounds through it. When I’m in my truck I get the notification sounds through those speakers, how do I get notification sounds through the Bluetooth speaker? I did search and found nothing pertaining to the issues I’m having. If I can’t get this to work I’ll probably have to go back to android so please help.

c42480

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
I guess with the lack of responses Android is the better platform with the ability to get notifications over Bluetooth and have the notification volume to be the same volume as the ringer. My mistake for trying an Apple product and expecting it to work.

c42480

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
After all the fantastic help I got from this forum (sarcasm) I'm going back to a phone that let's me do what I want with not what Apple wants me to do with it. I suggest some of the closed minded people her try an android and see what a phone can be, open your eyes to make your own choices.

bobbymacbean

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2009
After all the fantastic help I got from this forum (sarcasm) I'm going back to a phone that let's me do what I want with not what Apple wants me to do with it. I suggest some of the closed minded people her try an android and see what a phone can be, open your eyes to make your own choices.
I’m surprised that this forum had no answers on this question.

There is plenty of information on linking to Bluetooth headphones or automobile speakers but no information about having notification alerts play on an external speaker when you are at home but not close to your phone.

I need to be able to hear alerts especially when I may be asleep.

I don’t need it to play music or anything else.

I just need to be able to hear alerts if I’m in the next room or sleeping.

If anyone has this information and / or recommendations on a good Bluetooth speaker for this purpose, I would appreciate it very much.
Thanks, Brian

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.