Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alsalma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2015
Hello Everyone !

I have a MAC OS X version 10.7.5 and as I was trying to enable the notifications panel, I couldn't find the notification icon in the settings, can anyone help me pleeease figure out why I can't find it, and how to do so :)

Thank you sooo much!

Salma A.

Ps:I attached a pic of the setting preference window below

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-17 at 4.25.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-17 at 4.25.32 PM.png
    117.7 KB · Views: 170

Buggyflayer

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2014
West Sussex, UK
Hello Everyone !

I have a MAC OS X version 10.7.5 and as I was trying to enable the notifications panel, I couldn't find the notification icon in the settings, can anyone help me pleeease figure out why I can't find it, and how to do so :)

Thank you sooo much!

Salma A.

Ps:I attached a pic of the setting preference window below
you've probably discovered by now that Lion 10.7 didn't have Notifications, it was a feature that came with Mountain Lion 10.8

For this function on pre-10.8 you could try the (paid) Growl app. http://growl.info

Reactions: Alsalma

Alsalma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2015
you've probably discovered by now that Lion 10.7 didn't have Notifications, it was a feature that came with Mountain Lion 10.8

For this function on pre-10.8 you could try the (paid) Growl app. http://growl.info
Owkeeey ! thanks for the response good to know, well I think I can survive just fine without it for now...

Buggyflayer

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2014
West Sussex, UK
I just tried the older open-source Growl on Lion, it installs ok but since all the apps are sandboxed its no plug & play. I found various 3 year old threads about making Mail.app run with it but getting the GrowlMail plugin talking to Growl 1.2.2 itself on 10.75 was going to take more time than I was wiling to give it.

Like you say, you can survive just fine without it :)

Alsalma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2015
You are brave ! I wouldn't have had half your patience to do so, especially that I've been seeing threads about people looking to disable it actually, so I guess that little boxes popping up from nowhere can get pretty annoying on the long run, thanks for your responses though :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.