Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Guys, when we receive notifications on the lockscreen, if we unlock the device BUT DO NOT OPEN the app the notification relates to, and then lock the device again, should the notifications remain on the lock screen?

My notifications are removed upon relock. I also have a jailbreak and the consolidation tweak and I'm certain the notifications used to remain up until I done an update to Consolidation and some of its related tweaks.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Guys, when we receive notifications on the lockscreen, if we unlock the device BUT DO NOT OPEN the app the notification relates to, and then lock the device again, should the notifications remain on the lock screen?

My notifications are removed upon relock. I also have a jailbreak and the consolidation tweak and I'm certain the notifications used to remain up until I done an update to Consolidation and some of its related tweaks.
In stock iOS they are only there until you unlock (and then they are typically in Notification Center).

Reactions: scouser75

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
In stock iOS they are only there until you unlock (and then they are typically in Notification Center).
Thanks mate. I'm jailbroken and am sure my notifications remained on lockscreen even after unlocking up until I reluctantly updated a few tweaks.

Odd thing is,reminders stay even after unlock!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Thanks mate. I'm jailbroken and am sure my notifications remained on lockscreen even after unlocking up until I reluctantly updated a few tweaks.

Odd thing is,reminders stay even after unlock!
Yeah, reminders are one of the things that got changed one or two iOS versions ago so that they would stay until basically they are marked as done or the notification is explicitly dismissed. Seems like that was likely a deliberate design update/change decision for reminders specifically so that they would be there to remind you basically (and actually one of the things that I like when it comes to timed reminders and their usefulness).

Reactions: scouser75

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Yeah, reminders are one of the things that got changed one or two iOS versions ago so that they would stay until basically they are marked as done or the notification is explicitly dismissed. Seems like that was likely a deliberate design update/change decision for reminders specifically so that they would be there to remind you basically (and actually one of the things that I like when it comes to timed reminders and their usefulness).
Yup. Reminders staying on are a must. But I also would like to see all notifications stay on screen. It's a shame the consolidation tweak got messed up as it retained the notifications until you either went into the app or chose to dismiss

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.