Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
Does anyone know if there is a way to view history of notifcations after you dismiss them?

Also am using Firefox as my default browser on the MacBook - it here a way to have notification links open in Firefox instead of Safari? (FireFox is set as default browser but is not recognized by notifications)

Tarek

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2009
Cairo
I am not sure what happens when you dismiss them when you pop-up, but I always find them in the Notification Center > Notifications. Notification Center is accessed from the button in the top right corner of the screen next to Siri. I am not sure if that actually answers your question, though, because if you dismiss them from the NC, I don't think there's a way to view the history.

EDIT: Apparently, there is a way to view the history as Mac OS keeps a log of all of them. Read this article here, specifically the 2nd reply.

Reactions: mikzn

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
thanks for the info! :) - doable but a bit complicated and time consuming.

I get a ton of notifications and once in a while I dismiss one that I later would like to take a second look at. Not sure I want to dig through a hidden data base file to get that info.

Am still searching for a way to open the notifications automatically in Firefox rather than Safari

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.