Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

myname70

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 5, 2014
Guys, I cannot see how can adjust the notifications sound level ? It is still the same, fixed level by default. When reducing to zero the Sounds ---> Ringer and Alerts , it reduce only the ring sound and clock alert, no notifications.... Any advise ?

sscaltri

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2014
Guys, I cannot see how can adjust the notifications sound level ? It is still the same, fixed level by default. When reducing to zero the Sounds ---> Ringer and Alerts , it reduce only the ring sound and clock alert, no notifications.... Any advise ?

another bug...you need to go into music/you tube ...or some app that plays sounds..whatever you adjust your volume to there will apply to notifications...That's not how it used to work. However, yesterday, I toggled the control to use the side buttons to control volume (turned off and back on)..then I rebooted the phone. When I lowered the volume using the buttons, the volume of notifications changed. Not sure what's up.

Reactions: querubina9341

myname70

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 5, 2014
another bug...you need to go into music/you tube ...or some app that plays sounds..whatever you adjust your volume to there will apply to notifications...That's not how it used to work. However, yesterday, I toggled the control to use the side buttons to control volume (turned off and back on)..then I rebooted the phone. When I lowered the volume using the buttons, the volume of notifications changed. Not sure what's up.

Thank you. Tried as you suggested - but no result... Let's wait tonight for the final 8.1 to see it could b fixed

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Try enabling or disabling the change with buttons option in sound settings and then use buttons to change the volume to see if that has any effect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.