Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EB8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2023
So I just updated the software for my Apple Watch and now the easy to use items have become less so! All my pre-set timers? Gone. Try to summon your phone… it used to take a swipe and a click, now you better allow 1-3 minutes and it’s increasingly obnoxious! What were they thinking?!

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
Summoning the phone is a button press (side button) and a screen tap (phone icon). How are you trying to do it? I'm not sure how that could take 1 minute, never mind 3 minutes.

Reactions: Sully and jdavid_rp

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
Summoning the phone is a button press (side button) and a screen tap (phone icon). How are you trying to do it? I'm not sure how that could take 1 minute, never mind 3 minutes.
Crown button not side button. But sure as long as you make the phone app one of your first 17 apps no scrolling needed.

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
We might be talking about different things.

I’m referring to this (ping phone from control centre):

Side button, then tap.

You could do it using the Find app, which would take longer.
Easiest is to put the phone icon first in your app grid and then press the Digital Crown. Then tap the phone app. Crown press. One tap. Can’t be easier and always on top.

Edit: Page not found.

Edit the second: I guess it depends on what the original poster meant by “summoning“ your phone.

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
Easiest is to put the phone icon first in your app grid and then press the Digital Crown. Then tap the phone app. Crown press. One tap. Can’t be easier and always on top.

Edit: Page not found.

Edit the second: I guess it depends on what the original poster meant by “summoning“ your phone.

You’re right - I was referring to finding the actual iPhone. For the phone app you can add it as one of the three icons in the tray, then pin the tray as the first item in the stack. Not the same, but accessible via scroll then tap.

Reactions: jdb8167

EB8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2023
Since the most recent (as of a few days ago) update it’s not the pull-down and press it used to be, it’s now open to Smart Stack, go to icon, select iphone2, scroll down, press play sound and wait until it gets loud enough to find it. What was wrong with the previous swipe and press?! Maybe I’m missing a shortcut?

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
Since the most recent (as of a few days ago) update it’s not the pull-down and press it used to be, it’s now open to Smart Stack, go to icon, select iphone2, scroll down, press play sound and wait until it gets loud enough to find it. What was wrong with the previous swipe and press?! Maybe I’m missing a shortcut?

Try the side button and then tap the phone icon.

Reactions: BillGates1969

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
Try the side button and then tap the phone icon.
And you can rearrange the buttons so that the play sound on your iPhone icon is near the top. Pretty easy. Press side button, tap iPhone button.

Edit: The official name for the icon is Ping which you can see when you click the edit button at the bottom of the view.

Reactions: Howard2k
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.