Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nonsuch1998

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2023
New Jersey, USA
Hello everyone!

I just released version 1.6 of Novelizer, which lets you generate long, multi-chapter stories that have continuous storylines. The app originally launched in March, and has been slowly growing since. It uses OpenAI's language models to write the chapters.

On the continuum of AI writing apps, I think it's more on the entertainment side than the serious writing tool side. There's a variety of users so far, include a fair share of younger folks writing fan-fiction etc.

It's got a few other interesting features at this point:
  • "Multiple Choice" - the app can offer you a list of different possible directions for each chapter, like the Choose Your Own Adventure books of old.
  • "Multiverse" - go back to an earlier chapter in your story and branch off in a new direction, while retaining both storylines. You can keep doing this, and turn your novel into a huge branching story tree.
  • "Write with friends" - Invite other users and write together. Users are prompted to add chapters in turn.
  • Choose between the GPT-3.5-turbo and GPT-4 language models, depending on the quality you want, and writing style you prefer
The app is a free download in the App Store, and supports iPhone and iPad. Users get a bunch of free "coins" to start, and later must buy more (at a fairly low cost for this type of app, I think) to continue writing chapters. I've avoided the subscription approach. Overall, the app gets a good amount of engagement from the existing users, and does grow organically (but slowly) when not running ads.

Download it, see more screenshots, & read reviews in the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/novelizer/id1669116765

Would love to hear thoughts and questions from folks here. I'm a 15+ year MacRumors lurker who finally registered for this forum :)

David

iPad Pro 129 6th gen embedded 6.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.