Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Romario65

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2022
Hello, I wanted to ask if it is possible to install a different system than I currently have, it is CATALINA 10.15.7,

Apple MacBook Pro 15 A1286 i7 16gb 500gb SSD 2012A.

Is it possible to install the application from a source other than the App Store ?

I am a beginner with this macbook pro computer and this catalina system I am asking for important beginner tips?

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2022-04-18 o 13.00.37.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2022-04-18 o 13.00.37.png
    201 KB · Views: 109

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
what other OS do you want to install?
depending on your MacBook Pro year that can only run the systems released after the MBP date.
example a 2017 MBP can't run Mavericks.
You can try dual booting and using open core to run multiple OS
there are many threads here explaining in detail how to format your SSD for this.
There is only one place to get an honest  OS and that is the apple store.
again there are several ways to get a older os but use , because they are there!

i would search the Monterey guide threads here if you would like Monterey and Catalina
or what every OS you desire.

i hope this helped!

Reactions: Romario65

Romario65

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2022
Thank you all for this information, so far I have a problem with synchronization with the previous windows system, browsers, schedule, calendar and this Skype messenger probably has no equivalent for my Catalina 10.15.7, Skype messenger because I have contacts for a long time and on my Catalina to it was very useful to me. I have MS and Skype has long been in contact with foreign countries. Magnetic resonance imaging that is stored on a CD, I don't think I will open it on a macbook. I managed the printer somehow, but I can't find the application for the TS 6151 for the MacBook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.