Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Topic

• Yes

Votes: 27 87.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

Fluttershy462

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 19, 2019
Albuquerque, NM
I have one for my 2018 iPad Pro 12.9 and I use it for digital art, pixel work, some crossword stuff.

Its great on the big display but I haven’t tried it yet on my mini 6, I don’t wanna have to resync it I guess.

So I’m wondering if any of you have any experience.

The case I use has a slot for the pencil so it would carry well.

LibbyLA

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2017
It’s not a hassle to use the pencil between iPads. Just attach it to the iPad for a couple of seconds. I did that for several days but finally opened the pencil I bought for the Mini 6 and am using it with the Mini 6 and the other with the iPP 11 2021. That pencil was purchased with the iPP 2018.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
I have one for my 2018 iPad Pro 12.9 and I use it for digital art, pixel work, some crossword stuff.

Its great on the big display but I haven’t tried it yet on my mini 6, I don’t wanna have to resync it I guess.

So I’m wondering if any of you have any experience.

The case I use has a slot for the pencil so it would carry well.

All you do is clip it to the iPad for a second and it syncs. It's super easy to switch between two iPads.

bobcomer

macrumors 601
May 18, 2015
Too expensive for what it does for me, but I'm really not likely to want one if it were cheaper -- I've never really liked using a stylus with any of my PC's/iPads.

JP913

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Orlando
Works great! I bought a Mini 6 so I wouldn’t have to bring my iPP into construction sites (I paint murals and use the iPad connected to a projector to get the mural sketched on the wall)… anyway, I had to do some quick updates to a mural sketch this past weekend, my first time really using the Mini 6 “in the field” and doing real drawing with it.

Like I said, it worked great. No issues synching the pencil, it synchs super fast. No issues transitioning from the 12 inch iPP to the Mini 6. Easy use all around!

LibbyLA

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2017
Works great! I bought a Mini 6 so I wouldn’t have to bring my iPP into construction sites (I paint murals and use the iPad connected to a projector to get the mural sketched on the wall)… anyway, I had to do some quick updates to a mural sketch this past weekend, my first time really using the Mini 6 “in the field” and doing real drawing with it.

Like I said, it worked great. No issues synching the pencil, it synchs super fast. No issues transitioning from the 12 inch iPP to the Mini 6. Easy use all around!
That sounds like a really interesting use of an iPad of any size, but especially for the Mini 6.

Reactions: bluespark

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
I have a pencils for my pro. Using it on the mini it’s ok but it’s too small to take long notes therefore the pro is better for that. My Oopinion of course.

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
I have a pencils for my pro. Using it on the mini it’s ok but it’s too small to take long notes therefore the pro is better for that. My Oopinion of course.
Interesting. I find it more convenient to take notes because I can hold the iPad mini in one hand and write with the other. I guess if you are always at a desk then maybe a larger iPad works but even in that situation, I find the mini just as convenient. Maybe it depends on what you consider a long note? Anything over about 1/2 page (mini sized) would be more than I want to write at one time and I would want a keyboard.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
basica my iPad Pro i use it for work notes. I need to track a lot of projects and multiple note books make it possible to carry out my job. The mini is after work use.

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
I use it every day for my schedule, taking notes, meeting minutes etc, its great. I was a bit concerned about using it on a smaller size of screen, but its brilliant.

Reactions: LibbyLA

Mac47

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
I took handwritten sermon notes for half an hour on my Mini 6 with the Pencil 2. Worked a treat.

Reactions: LibbyLA
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.