Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ProwlingTiger

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
I don't have an iPad yet, waiting for Rev2, but when I get one, this dock is the one I'm getting. Check it out:

ipadock-top-1.jpg

Can hold 2 iPads, or 4 iPhones, or a combination of the two. 7 USB ports on the back, plus built in multi-card reader. Also a place to put your camera connection kit and dongles.

Go nutz.

From Engadget (source)

Zodiak

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
Gatineau, Qc, Canada
You know I could really see this integrated into a car!

Call me crazy but I can just envision a wide thin slot at the bottom to insert DVDs and play them back on the ipad :D

ProwlingTiger

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
You know I could really see this integrated into a car!

Call me crazy but I can just envision a wide thin slot at the bottom to insert DVDs and play them back on the ipad :D

That would be a really innovative idea. Would drive the DOT nuts, but would be really cool nonetheless.

I'm probably going to order this before I get the iPad 2, actually. It's that cool, could use another iPhone dock. I mean, 7 USB ports and memory card reader!

I wonder what an aluminum one would look like....*heads to Photoshop*

PadStand

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2010
I think this would be great for charging & syncing only, but not much use as a stand while you are using it, as half of the screen is obscured...

Plus, I would be interested in the demographics of people that will own 2 x iPads!!!

p.s. Why wait for iPad #2 - Could be ages away! Enjoy the coolness now!

jgayman

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2010
I am constantly amazed by devices which have card reader slots on the REAR. It seems like the makers of such devices have no idea how people actually use a card reader.

ProwlingTiger

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
I think this would be great for charging & syncing only, but not much use as a stand while you are using it, as half of the screen is obscured...

p.s. Why wait for iPad #2 - Could be ages away! Enjoy the coolness now!
Not quite half the screen and it's not obscured at all if you use the front slot.

Resell value. I don't NEED an iPad. So when I do decide to buy, I want the features that apparently were cut out of the first revision at the last minute, because, face it: It's Apple.

I am constantly amazed by devices which have card reader slots on the REAR. It seems like the makers of such devices have no idea how people actually use a card reader.

Probably because 5~ random slots look like crap on a product, from a design standpoint. Minor PITA? Maybe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.