Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
first thing i did on my mac, re-enable it. but i get that some people don't like it, and appreciate that apple, in a rare moment, is actually giving us a choice. let's hope that survives the final monterey release...

Reactions: gilby101

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
^^^^haha - repeat of post #2❓ Anyway I have it checked - MUCH better IMHO? Just wish there was a way to keep all drop downs with "light appearance" instead of them changing to light or dark depending on the listed sites color theme in the address bar.

Lou

RTWG

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2008
I too quite liked the 'new' design. It only took me a few minutes to get used to.

synicalx1

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2020
I like the new and previous ones - the new is good if you have a ton of tabs but looks ridiculous if you've only got 1 or 2.

Six Mac Abs

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2019
I also like the new tab design....but I've had to revert to the classic look because the new tab bar does not play well with multiple pinned tabs. It becomes a problem when you have more pinned tabs than your current browser window can display in the available space...you have to click on the rightmost pinned tab to be able to see the non-pinned tabs. Reported to Apple, would prefer if the pinned tabs would concertina to the left and expand when hovering the mouse over them...with the favicon of the current pinned tab displayed if it is in focus.

Works ok with full screen Safari, but that's just not how I generally use my browser. I think it'll be great when they work out the bugs, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.