Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bushel of Apples

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2017
When listening to a song and the car is turned off, the next time I get in the car the CarPlay would open back where I left off with the current song showing as the "Now Playing". However, since iOS 15, now when I start the car after the music begins playing it opens up the "Library" tab instead. Does this happen to everyone else too?

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
When listening to a song and the car is turned off, the next time I get in the car the CarPlay would open back where I left off with the current song showing as the "Now Playing". However, since iOS 15, now when I start the car after the music begins playing it opens up the "Library" tab instead. Does this happen to everyone else too?
iOS 15 up to 15.2 was a cluster**** on audio apps on CarPlay... I regularly had issues with getting apps to launch, to stay connected and to restart the stream following a phone call or any Siri interaction. iOS 15.2 is significantly better... and some apps to resume right where it was when I got out of the car (SiriusXM and Spotify)... others behave as you describe. As I said, iOS 15.2 is significantly better than iOS 15... but still not perfect by any stretch of the imagination.

Bushel of Apples

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2017
Oh, I'm specifically referring to the Apple Music app. You'd think that at least that app would work since it's their music app.

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
I’m experiencing something similar with the podcasts app. That app has been garbage for a while, but now I’m finding it sticks on the list of podcasts to play. Like you have with Music, after the car restarts it stays on the list rather than the one that was playing. Also, after tapping on one to play the list stays up rather than going to the Now Playing screen. I’ll have to test this out with Music as a mainly listen to podcasts in the car.

stillcrazyman

macrumors 603
Oct 10, 2014
Exile
I've noticed this very thing as well. At least it will still play / launch apps. Hopeful there will be a fix in the next update release.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
Happening to me also - another thread on it . Hope this is a bug and not a new feature

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.