Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you still love your blue or do you have the blues?

• Yes, I LOVE the Sierra blue and will keep!

Votes: 124 74.3%
  • No, I bought Sierra blue and will be enhancing it....

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I bought another phone but want to switch or will switch to the Sierra Blue-

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I have never liked Sierra blue, yuk!

Votes: 14 8.4%
  • I am neutral on it (I own one)

Votes: 16 9.6%
  • I bought Sierra blue but NOW want to switch to another color!

Votes: 8 4.8%

• Total voters

kp98077

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Now that it is day 2, who of those who got the Sierra blue, love it, or was int not quiet what you thought? Personally for me I like it but seems to have a purplish hue, so still on the fence. Happy to hear other thoughts! And pics are aways welcome, especially in cases.

kp98077

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
not quite what I thought it would be tbh. But I’m still going to keep it because blue is my fav. Color. I got bored of graphite/space gray/etc.
yeah I hear ya, same, got bored of the usual grays, whites, etc...

shr631

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013
I really like it, and will be keeping it! I was on the fence between Sierra blue and graphite. But actually, the gold looks stunning! After seeing them in person gold would’ve been my next choice.

Reactions: flipjlo

DomW25

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2018
Honestly, it’s a nice colour.

Graphite is nice, but I had a Space Gray XS and I fancied something different. Silver looks a bit dull, I was hoping for a darker silver as the rear of it looks white. Gold is nice, but a bit too blingy.

So yeah, Sierra Blue was the option I went for.

That said, I would have loved to see a piano black version or the green from the 11 Pro.

Reactions: shr631

kp98077

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
yeah its a nice change from the graphite I live in a dark area, with long winters too!

Attachments

• IMG_0724.jpg
    IMG_0724.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 135

kp98077

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
I dont understand how the most expensive model has the worst colors. And that fingerprint magnet band...unacceptable.
well its not a fingerprint magnet at all actually IMO... they all are..

xenoako

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2021
I prefer the blue on my iP 12 Pro, but will survive with an appropriate case.

laffnvegas

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2014
Desert South West
I like it but in person it is not nearly as blue as I hoped it would be. I think it needed to be just a bit darker. I am definitely keeping just wish it stood out more like it does in advertising.

Cavefishes

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2021
I like it but in person it is not nearly as blue as I hoped it would be. I think it needed to be just a bit darker. I am definitely keeping just wish it stood out more like it does in advertising.
Like many of their colors the lighting matters a lot - inside with warm lighting the Sierra Blue does trend more towards a steely gray, but outside in sunlight it can really pop! The sides also aren't as fingerprint-magnet-y as I thought they might be, I heard the blue this year has the same kind of special treatment as the gold last year on the side rails.

SydneyAZ

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2017
Of the 4 choices, I like blue the best, but they were all boring. I like bright colors - give me just ONE vibrant choice - yellow, purple, teal. This color like the other choices is sort of "I'm an office worker" boring. I'm tired of silver/gray/black electronics. I'll add stickers to it or put a case on it. I love the 120 HZ so I'd certainly rather have the Pro in boring colors than the regular in a brighter color.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.