Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphones6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2015
assiut
Microsoft seems to be on a roll when it comes to supporting the Apple Watch. Yesterday we reported that the company was bringing OneDrive support to the device, and now it’s adding a feature that could be quite useful for those in the business world.

An update to the Microsoft PowerPoint app for iPhone and iPad arrived in the App Store today, and aside from a single line mentioning “bug fixes and performance improvements,” the focus is entirely on newly added PowerPoint Remote for Apple Watch.

As the name implies, this allows users to control PowerPoint presentations entirely from their wrist. This includes starting the show and navigating between slides, but it also shows useful information like the time elapsed since the presentation began, the number of slides, and the number of the current slide.

mprofit

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2009
Atlanta
Microsoft seems to be on a roll when it comes to supporting the Apple Watch. Yesterday we reported that the company was bringing OneDrive support to the device, and now it’s adding a feature that could be quite useful for those in the business world.

An update to the Microsoft PowerPoint app for iPhone and iPad arrived in the App Store today, and aside from a single line mentioning “bug fixes and performance improvements,” the focus is entirely on newly added PowerPoint Remote for Apple Watch.

As the name implies, this allows users to control PowerPoint presentations entirely from their wrist. This includes starting the show and navigating between slides, but it also shows useful information like the time elapsed since the presentation began, the number of slides, and the number of the current slide.

Awesome, thanks for sharing. Saw the OneNote update a few minutes ago, which makes me want Apple to bring the Notes app with iCloud support to the Watch ASAP.

I'm really impressed/surprised with how quickly Microsoft is embracing the Apple Watch. Hopefully that's a good sign.

Wallabe

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2015
Awesome, thanks for sharing. Saw the OneNote update a few minutes ago, which makes me want Apple to bring the Notes app with iCloud support to the Watch ASAP.

I'm really impressed/surprised with how quickly Microsoft is embracing the Apple Watch. Hopefully that's a good sign.

The irony. I guess if you can't beat them, join them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.