Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macuser154

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
UK
Is it just me or has anyone else here not managed to find a decent selection of eBooks? Maybe I'm looking for more obscure books but no-one seems to be selling them.

martynmc7

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2008
I've found that Amazon's Kindle store has plenty to choose from, and iBook's will grow over time. The problem is that the ebook market is very much in it's infancy at the moment, but should improve as devices like the iPad and Kindle become more popular.

As usual though, much of this growth will hit the US first, not the UK. I'm hoping Apple can work out deals with the UK publishers and start getting the iBooks store properly populated.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
If publishers don't want eVersions no one can sell them. That is basically what is going on when you can't find a title you are looking for. And forget about obscure books -- c'mon. If they are hard to find in print they are going to be 2x as hard to find in eFormat. Unless they are public domain and Google or someone scanned it you can pretty much forget about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.