Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hiddevdploeg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2022
Hey MacRumors!

I would love to receive some more feedback on my music app called NowPlaying.

NowPlaying is the perfect companion app for anyone who loves music. I like to see it as the digital version of the old liner notes you get when buying a record. This app uses the power of ShazamKit and MusicKit to determine which songs the user is interested in and finds information from many different sources. The best source is my own, where I can provide information about songs directly from artists and tell users if a song went viral on TikTok or won any awards. Other than that, the user can discover fun facts about the songs they love.

Recording locations (with photos thanks to the LookAroundAPI), Who plays what instrument, Artist details, Release information and even if the song is a cover or what samples they use. These are just a few examples.

The app is completely free to use for the first 14 songs. After that, a subscription or one-time IAP is needed to keep all features and content unlocked.

With MusicKit, users can add songs to playlists, see library information, search for songs and see more information about songs they recently played and even drag an Apple Music song into NowPlaying to learn more.

I honestly would love it for you to try it out and give feedback (are you missing any features or content?)

Learn more about NowPlaying (+ Press Kit)
Download on the App Store

For MacRumors visitor I have create a special promo so you can get the first 12 months for 50% off (Before March 1, 2023):
Redeem Promo Code

Attachments

• NowPlaying2Visual.png
    NowPlaying2Visual.png
    599.9 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: Marsikus
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.