Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

masques24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2024
Hi,

I've got a new router from my new internet provider, a TP-Link TP-Link HC220-G5, and ever since I started using the TP-Link, Safari gives me this error message a few times a day:

Safari Can't Connect to iCloud Private Relay

Safari can't open the page. The error is: "The operation couldn't be completed. No space left on device" (NSPOSIXErrorDomain:28)".

Only way to get Safari to work again is to quit Safari. Disabling Private Relay while Safari is open does not help.

I'm pretty sure it is related to the TP-Link:

- sometimes I get the NSPOSIXErrorDomain message only when trying to log into the TP-Link interface while other websites work fine.

- I only get the error message (several times a day) when connected to the TP-Link WiFi, when I'm connected to any other WiFi network, I never get the error message (and never have before getting the TP-Link a month ago).

Any thoughts on whether this might be a faulty device or if the TP-Link is doing something weird and if there are any settings I could try to change that might cause/address this?

Thanks!

Edit: I'm on Ventura 13.6.5

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
Try unchecking "Hide IP address from trackers" in Safari Preferences.

masques24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2024
I've done this, also unticked Hide IP from the WiFi settings under Settings, and disabled iCloud privacy relay. And the error message still comes up a few times a day. when private relay is disabled (and all the other stuff), it just says "Safari can't open the page. The error is: "The operation couldn't be completed. No space left on device" (NSPOSIXErrorDomain:28)"." without the iCloud relay bit.

It's happening on two different TP Link HC220-G5s. But it only happens when connected to them, not when connected to any other WiFi networks. I also switched internet providers (who provided the TP Links), so any chance they have some weird settings on their end that is causing this maybe?

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
Uninstall any Safari extensions you may have and disable any content blockers.

Reactions: K two

masques24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2024
I only had AdGuard installed. I uninstalled that, restarted, and it still keep happening. Argh!!!! Don'T have any other extensions installed. Any other suggestions or things I could try?

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
It's happening on two different TP Link HC220-G5s. But it only happens when connected to them, not when connected to any other WiFi networks. I also switched internet providers (who provided the TP Links), so any chance they have some weird settings on their end that is causing this maybe?
Try to update/re-install the firmware of the routers. Make a backup of the configurations first.

masques24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2024
It only happens in Safari. I gotten quite used to it, and I'm annoyed that it only happens on that one WiFi network. I might end up switching browsers, but I don't want to be forced because of one WiFi network. Argh

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
The router should have a Firewall section. If enabled, try to disable SPI Firewall.
What version of Safari do you have installed?

masques24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2024
The router should have a Firewall section. If enabled, try to disable SPI Firewall.

I've disabled SPI now, thanks, I'll report back.

Safari is Version 17.4 (18618.1.15.111.5, 18618)

masques24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2024

That didn't help sadly...any other settings you think I could try changing?

Brian33

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2008
USA (Virginia)
Do you use RadioSilence, Little Snitch, LuLu or some other "outgoing firewall" program? (These programs monitor outgoing connection requests.)

(One person on this thread reported the problem going away after uninstalling RadioSilence.)

masques24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2024
Do you use RadioSilence, Little Snitch, LuLu or some other "outgoing firewall" program? (These programs monitor outgoing connection requests.)

(One person on this thread reported the problem going away after uninstalling RadioSilence.)

No, I only had AdGuard and that's uninstalled currently. No other firewall or any of the programs listed installed (nor did I ever had them installed). I've also had a handful of timeouts on Safari on iOS the last couple days (though not with the NSPOSIXErrorDomain error message).

When I plug the MacBook into the fiber optics modem directly (when I get the NSPOSIXErrorDomain), I can continue browsing without having to quit Safari first. When I stay on WiFi (even if I disable/enable WiFi), I have to quit Safari first.

I'm 100% certain is has to do with the TP-Link HC220 because it only ever happens when I connect to the TP-Link HC220 WiFi, but it happens with two identical devices (which originally were meant as MESH setup but for troubleshooting I've only got one plugged in at a time currently).

masques24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2024
Just a bit of an update. Not had an issue the past 2 weeks. Not 100% sure why exactly. But I changed some settings on the HC200: disabled Short GI, AP Isolation, and Airtime Fairness. Not sure if that'S what did the trick and I'm hesitant to re-enable as I've not got any issues at the moment. Just thought I'd update this thread.

Reactions: bogdanw and Brian33
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.