Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacMan988

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
I just noticed that a process called nsurlsessiond is downloading data from the internet at the maximum rate possible with my internet connection.

I tried killing the process but then it came back after few hours. If I kill the process and restart the computer then it comes back again. My data quota is almost about to be over and data is expensive where I live :(.

mwzj87.png

I have iCloud photo library and iCloud Drive enabled. However, I have not made any changes to any of those online storages (such as adding a new file or deleting a file from it).

Please help me to find the root cause of this problem.

Rok73

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2015
Planet Earth
Why would you kill a network process that belongs to macOS and is simply managing down-/uploads for iCloud or update related stuff and a couple of apps? It really isn't a problem unless you have a contract with restricted download volume. Let the machine do it's work and don't worry about it because it isn't a "problem".

MacMan988

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
Why would you kill a network process that belongs to macOS and is simply managing down-/uploads for iCloud or update related stuff and a couple of apps? It really isn't a problem unless you have a contract with restricted download volume. Let the machine do it's work and don't worry about it because it isn't a "problem".

I have a limited data quota for the month. If it continues to download at this rate then my quota will be finished soon. And the other issue is that any other devices using the same internet connection cannot browse due to my mac eating up entire bandwidth.

Reactions: Weaselboy

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I have a limited data quota for the month. If it continues to download at this rate then my quota will be finished soon. And the other issue is that any other devices using the same internet connection cannot browse due to my mac eating up entire bandwidth.
Does it stop if you turn off iCloud Photos?

SirIcet

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2017
I just noticed that a process called nsurlsessiond is downloading data from the internet at the maximum rate possible with my internet connection.

I tried killing the process but then it came back after few hours. If I kill the process and restart the computer then it comes back again. My data quota is almost about to be over and data is expensive where I live :(.

mwzj87.png

I have iCloud photo library and iCloud Drive enabled. However, I have not made any changes to any of those online storages (such as adding a new file or deleting a file from it).

[doublepost=1511455198][/doublepost]

mwzj87.png

If you copy this code to Terminal nsurlsessiond will stop until you restart the computer

launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.nsurlstoraged.plist
launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.nsurlsessiond.plist
sudo launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.nsurlsessiond.plist
sudo launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.nsurlstoraged.plist

Reactions: MacMan988

samcema

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2015
Kolkata
[doublepost=1511455198][/doublepost]

If you copy this code to Terminal nsurlsessiond will stop until you restart the computer

launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.nsurlstoraged.plist
launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.nsurlsessiond.plist
sudo launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.nsurlsessiond.plist
sudo launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.nsurlstoraged.plist
Hi it is same for me in Mojave 10.14.6. While pasting these commands give me an error in terminal "

Operation not permitted while System Integrity Protection is engaged". What to do?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.