Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Should I update to 10.13.6 with a NTB 2016 currently on 10.12.6?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Zdodo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2016
Hi guys,

long time lurker here. I've been following the discussions on High Sierra since it was published, and hence not installed it, as most seemed to have problems with it. However, I'd very much like to install it if it is beneficial in any way and I am therefore asking your opinions:

Is the latest version of High Sierra stable and bug-free enough for me to install it with a NTB 2016 with the latest version of Sierra installed? Thanks for your input, it is highly appreciated!

portojunior

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2017
I think 10.13.6 is similar to sierra.
In my case...
I use Mac mini 2012 i7 for Audioproduction (Cubase and Protools)

tomviolence

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2012
I wouldn't say 10.13.6 is entirely bug-free (experiencing some new anomalies, e.g. with Night Shift and my external monitor), but nothing like it was in the previous releases (before 10.13.5). So, yes, if you feel like upgrading, now is as good a time as any, or wait and sit out another stream of unstable releases of Mojave. ;)

FYI, I am on an NTB 2017, but I did the same as you with my friend’s NTB 2016: installed 10.13.6, coming from Sierra. Haven’t heard of any major issues there. I guess my biggest pet peeve with High Sierra compared to Sierra, is the different use for the media keys on the keyboard, which can easily be reverted back to with this little application: http://milgra.com/high-sierra-media-key-enabler.html.

Zdodo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2016
I think 10.13.6 is similar to sierra.
In my case...
I use Mac mini 2012 i7 for Audioproduction (Cubase and Protools)

I wouldn't say 10.13.6 is entirely bug-free (experiencing some new anomalies, e.g. with Night Shift and my external monitor), but nothing like it was in the previous releases (before 10.13.5). So, yes, if you feel like upgrading, now is as good a time as any, or wait and sit out another stream of unstable releases of Mojave. ;)

FYI, I am on an NTB 2017, but I did the same as you with my friend’s NTB 2016: installed 10.13.6, coming from Sierra. Haven’t heard of any major issues there. I guess my biggest pet peeve with High Sierra compared to Sierra, is the different use for the media keys on the keyboard, which can easily be reverted back to with this little application: http://milgra.com/high-sierra-media-key-enabler.html.

Thank you guys for sharing your knowledge and opinions, highly appreciated!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.