Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mplavins

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2016
Hi there!
I just can't wrap my head around this - searched all over the web but still the same - can't get Cuda up and running.

I'm not great with all this install-this-install-that stuff so excuse me if the question is too simple, too stupid or already answered gazillion times before (although I searched.. but found nothing).

So. As I install the latest version of Cuda (8.0.46 - http://www.nvidia.com/object/mac-driver-archive.html) on my MacBook Pro (mid 2012, 2,5Ghz Intel Core i5, 8gb ram, 250ssd, Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB) and open Cuda in System Preferences - it says "Update required"... what the F***?

So because of this (or not..?) I open my Latest version of PremierePro CC, go to Project Settings and the "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only" option is grayed out. So... no Cuda for me? It can't be true. There is a solution and I hope you guys can help out. Thanks!

Oh yeah - I had El Capitan so I hoped update to Sierra would change something, but no - nothing has changed.

mplavins

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2016
ok, so I've got an older macbook pro - early 2011 with Intel Graphics 3000 and cuda works fine on that damn thing... How come? :(

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
ok, so I've got an older macbook pro - early 2011 with Intel Graphics 3000 and cuda works fine on that damn thing... How come? :(
CUDA requires an Nvidia GPU. There's no way around that at this point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.