Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Megaquad

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2001
I wonder when will we get this for mac.. If only they can be easily flashed to mac.
Makes me reconsider my decision on buying Powerbook, this thing will be terribly slow by then.. New games will come and I'll enjoy in 20 fps.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
'We already know the NV30 will use 125 millions of transistors, will use AGP 8X and will have support for DirectX 9 and even beyond.'

All well and good - but how long will we have to wait to get a Mac version, and how much extra are we going to have to pay. I'm hoping by the time I get a new machine that this might be an option (that's not going to be till the 970s are out).

D

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Originally posted by dukestreet
'We already know the NV30 will use 125 millions of transistors, will use AGP 8X and will have support for DirectX 9 and even beyond.'

All well and good - but how long will we have to wait to get a Mac version, and how much extra are we going to have to pay. I'm hoping by the time I get a new machine that this might be an option (that's not going to be till the 970s are out).

D
It will probably be the same price for the mac, about 400 dollars. the only problem is apple never drops the price on the card. you can go get a perfectly good geforce 4 4600 with a lifetime warranty for 200-300 dollars. Who knows though, just have to wait and see.

iJon

Tomasz

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2001
Berkeley, California
I have been following Comdex and guess what..... the card has not been "released."

All that is new, is the fact that people know what the card will be like. It itself will not be on store shelves until around February. Maybe if they do make a mac version, it will appear in the powermacs early (like they used to), at MWSF.

But for all the people saying that it is the greatest card out... don't. Yes, when it will be for sale, it will rock... but thats 3 months away. It BETTER be BETTER than what is out now, or else that would be the worst product launch yet.

Anyway, because of this delay in actual product launch, ATI is the best right now... and will be until then.

ALSO, the next revision of the the radeon should be coming out around the time of the Geforce FX.

Anyway, I forgot what I was talking about... so, that's all.

Tomasz

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.