Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigCat789

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2020
Hello, so I am currently in the process of considering an SSD upgrade as when I bought my 2017 MBA I only bought it with 128GB of storage. I have checked out some posts regarding the NVMe SSD's that are known to work and have checked out this post: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/upgrading-2013-2014-macbook-pro-ssd-to-m-2-nvme.2034976/ after reading the post it left me feeling quite confused as I wanted to purchase the Samsung 970 EVO 1TB but from what I can see it says the Samsung EVO series is known to consume more power than the average NVMe SSD and it heats up much faster, I just wished to know what you guys would suggest as a good SSD to upgrade to as I am looking for around 1TB in storage and my budget is ~$200CAD which is approximately $150USD

Loquidor

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2021
Bonjour, j'ai fait l'acquisition d'un P5 de chez crucial en 500Go pour un MBA 2017 mais il ne semble pas fonctionner en sortie de veille... C'est pas terrible. Je ne trouve pas beaucoup d'informations au sujet des MacBook Air de 2017 et des upgrade en NVME.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.