Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Keva161

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Im thinking about getting a iPhone 3G in the next few weeks on the £35 a month tarrif. Part of this tarrif is "unlimited data".

Does this mean I can browse the internat, check my email's, download apps from the app store and use the GPS features of the phone for no additional cost?

cherbert

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2007
Yes.

However, technically it is subject to their fair use policy. If you abuse the service they can suspend your usage. I think this is highly unlikely and I don't know of anyone with o2 who has been charged a penny for data use.

Data charges are inclusive only when in the UK.

You will be surprised how little you will use it actually considering the new Push technology and most of the time I find myself in a Wireless zone anyway!

sibruk

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
UK+US
Yes. And check your voicemail as much as you like. :rolleyes: (It is done over data rather than voice on the iPhone.)

sallythemac

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2008
Small print fair use policy for "Unlimited Data and Wi-Fi" by o2 is 200MB of data and 60 hours of Wi-Fi per billing cycle i.e. per month.

Keva161

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
How easy would it be to use up that 200mb? As I live in a fairly remote area, when out and about, ill probally be using the GPS alot.

Courthold

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2005
I'm fairly sure O2 removed that 200mb part of the fair usage policy for iphone contracts, and it now just says basically people should be responsible, and not use heavy bandwidth things like video streaming etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.