Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jack_1992

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2020
Hey!

One mainly for U.K. here, I know it’s fairly new and the first time it’s possible with a new iPhone but anyone got any ideas or experience with how O2 Switch Up will go?
I know you can pre order now but only in store. My device is fine so no issue there, I’m just worried that it’s going to be weeks after launch I’ll get my new device!

Any help or experience will be great!

Thanks and happy Apple Event day for tomorrow

PineappleSorbet

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
Worcestershire, U.K.
Hi Jack,

A colleague mentioned O2 Switch Up just this morning and when we looked into it, the online literature suggests there's no mechanism in place at the moment to pre-order or reserve stock.

It appears from: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/upgrade-with-o2-switch-up you walk into your local O2 store and they handle EVERYTHING with the "Switch Up", so I guess it comes down to whether your local O2 store has walk-in stock available on release date - as the process seems entirely offline so can't see how stores could hold/reserve stock?

jack_1992

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2020
They have confirmed recently and via social media you can pre order now, but it seems that is only a recent change.
No idea how the pre order works - wish it was all online to be honest!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.