Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Originally posted by dukestreet

Good point, goes right up there with the Stupid gene, Redneck gene, and Geek gene.....my point is that there are somethings better left alone. Unfortunately, someone will always do what really isn't good for them and then everyone follows. This is what's going to happen with cloning.

D

I also agree. This goes to make a point though. We don't know exactly what these genes do. Yes the result may be a thinner lab rat but what else do they control and how and why do they work.

Does anyone here really think that because you have this gene you have to be fat? In all cases there is still a decision made to eat more then they should or eat the wrong things or both.

Going back to my second sentence. So what makes a stupid, redneck, or geek. If they could prove there was a possibility of a gene involved in some cases do you really think that it was the gene or was it more likely a result of there upbringing. I'm in no way trying to place blame on parents here. I do on the other hand believe that a lot of our problems today come from lack of parenting. Eating habits are often set early in peoples lives and influenced by examples from there family and friends. Even still in these cases these people make a decision to eat what they do.

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Originally posted by dukestreet

Good point, goes right up there with the Stupid gene, Redneck gene, and Geek gene.....my point is that there are somethings better left alone. Unfortunately, someone will always do what really isn't good for them and then everyone follows. This is what's going to happen with cloning.

D

When I first had cloning and the possibilities of it presented to me in school it had nothing to do with cloning a whole person. This is what everyone is frightened by and rightfully so. It was of the possibility to clone body parts. Say you were in an accident and lost your arm. One person might say that there was a large chance that this person is a redneck and a lot of beer was involved. While another says hey let's clone that arm and reattach a nearly exact copy of your original.

Men would not have to fear the Lorena Bobbits of the world. What a great thing it could be.

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
Originally posted by MacBandit

Men would not have to fear the Lorena Bobbits of the world. What a great thing it could be.

Fear of having my ***** cut off with a steak knife is not reduced in any way by the comforting notion that, 'oh.. we can grow you another one.' :)

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Originally posted by cr2sh

Fear of having my ***** cut off with a steak knife is not reduced in any way by the comforting notion that, 'oh.. we can grow you another one.' :)

Well not directly or immediately no but isn't a small comfort to think that they could grow you a new one nearly exactly like the old one. Minus the friction burn scars of course.

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
Originally posted by MacBandit
Well not directly or immediately no but isn't a small comfort to think that they could grow you a new one nearly exactly like the old one. Minus the friction burn scars of course.

Could they grow it already circumsized or would I have to go under the knife yet a second time? A small price to pay I guess, and yes it is a comfort... although in your case I'm sure its a smaller comfort... :)

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Originally posted by cr2sh

Could they grow it already circumsized or would I have to go under the knife yet a second time? A small price to pay I guess, and yes it is a comfort... although in your case I'm sure its a smaller comfort... :)

Hahahah. That was a cheap shot. Why would you have to go under the knife (if they cut anymore off you would have to use the womens bathroom). They could just do the cut before reattaching.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
So many cool words in this thread...

So many possibilities...

So many muzzled jokes...

So many without muzzles...

And if I say the wrong thing it'll end up raining trolls.

All I can say is the weather sucks this week.

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Originally posted by Sun Baked

So many possibilities...

So many muzzled jokes...

How hard does it suck? BLAH!!!

What's up with all the trolls lately?

diorio

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2002
Originally posted by Sun Baked

So many possibilities...

So many muzzled jokes...

The weather does indeed suck, and I don't know why the trolls focused on you specifically, others were saying basically the same thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.