Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M.Shaf213

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
I have suffered from OCD for a very long time and there has been a little scratch that has been driving me nuts on the camera ring on the ultra-wide lens on my iPhone 11 pro max, Is there any possible way I could hide it or at least remove it?

Attachments

• IMG_0021.jpeg
    IMG_0021.jpeg
    223.1 KB · Views: 10,075

M.Shaf213

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
All the lint and debris on the case would bother me more.
Agreed, it looks like a piece of lint, but it never goes away.
[automerge]1574716930[/automerge]
Does the scratch interfere with the picture quality, that you take?
No, it’s on the camera ring.
[automerge]1574716999[/automerge]
That's what I was thinking, but seriously OP, I've seen camera lens covers for sale on Amazon, maybe one of those would help.
They don’t cover the camera rings as far as I’m concerned. Wish the PVD was a bit more scratch resistant..

iObama

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2008
I have suffered from OCD for a very long time

Have you actually been diagnosed, or are you saying that casually and contributing to the stigma of a terrible mental health disorder?

Sincerely,
A diagnosed OCD sufferer

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
I’d be more concerned about that case scratching the back glass of your phone. Hope you have a back glass protector installed.

M.Shaf213

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
Have you actually been diagnosed, or are you saying that casually and contributing to the stigma of a terrible mental health disorder?

Sincerely,
A diagnosed OCD sufferer
I was diagnosed..
[automerge]1574719047[/automerge]
I’d be more concerned about that case scratching the back glass of your phone. Hope you have a back glass protector installed.
I have a case, I've trying to find something that will help with my phone's longevity, yet to keep the phone's design exposed.

Last edited:

M.Shaf213

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
Understandable, i
[automerge]1574722753[/automerge]
My apologies. With as many “omg I’m so OCD look at this little mark lol” posts as we have around here, I’m a little sensitive.
It's an issue with the stigma here. When it comes to little scratches. they irritate me big time..

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
I was diagnosed..
[automerge]1574719047[/automerge]

I have a case, I've trying to find something that will help with my phone's longevity, yet to keep the phone's design exposed.

the problem with those types of cases is that if lint gets inbetween the case and the phone you’re gonna see micro scratch marks everywhere.

Bapesta89

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2020
I feel you man, just made an account so i can rant about this too.
I was searching if this happens often with other people. Just got my Ipad pro 2020 ard 3 weeks ago and already have heavy scuff on the camera ring.
One thing i notice with Apple, all their products are scratch/scuff magnet. Happened easily to my iphones; ipads; airpods, even macbook pros.
On the other hand my samsung galaxy, i have been using it daily for more than a year, no scratch/scuff at all.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I feel you man, just made an account so i can rant about this too.
I was searching if this happens often with other people. Just got my Ipad pro 2020 ard 3 weeks ago and already have heavy scuff on the camera ring.
One thing i notice with Apple, all their products are scratch/scuff magnet. Happened easily to my iphones; ipads; airpods, even macbook pros.
On the other hand my samsung galaxy, i have been using it daily for more than a year, no scratch/scuff at all.
My girlfriend's Note9 is covered in micro scratches on both sides so I can assure you all phones suffer from scuffs and scratches

Bapesta89

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2020
My girlfriend's Note9 is covered in micro scratches on both sides so I can assure you all phones suffer from scuffs and scratches

I use both brands since long time ago. And i feel damages are always more noticeable on apple but it could be due to their high finish material and sleek design lol. and i guess i pay less attention to my droid :D

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
Guys you remember the plastic backs of the ipods, 3GS and 5c?

get one and use it as a shock therapy

Reactions: MrJM

Bapesta89

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2020
? they are like airpods case. but plastic scratch im fine what bugs me most is the camera ring on their flagship models. always scuff mine. ip7, ip8 plus, ip 11, ipad pro

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.