Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jz0309

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
so last night after dinner I was sitting in my couch chair when I looked at my arm and the band looked just odd, took the watch off and sure enough, the band broke as you can see in the photos. Wasn't expecting that from a 9 month old band even though I've worn it probably 7+ months of the time. Now idea how this could have happened and disappointing.
Called Apple since I have AC+, the advisor wasn't sure if it was covered and was searching through his documentation with no success, so he ended up just initiating to send me a new band.
So the outcome for me is good, just curious if anyone has seen this on theirs and a heads-up that this might happen to you

tempImageV8Vwt8.png
tempImagedPurle.png

jz0309

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
I have not had that. But mine has started to pull away from around the connector. I was wanting to call apple about it since it is no cheap band.
Yea, I had higher expectations of a $99 band.
I have no idea how this happened, stress in that spot over time I suppose. I wear the band in a way that I can fit a finger in between band and arm, tighten it one more hole during workouts. Don’t recall ever getting stuck with the entire watch and pulling on the band…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.