Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Altair3542

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2023
hi everyone! Has anyone installed big sur, monterey or ventura on a mac pro 5.1 (mid 2010) with the graphics card it came with from the factory? It turns out that when I try to install on mine I have followed all the instructions provided on the OCLP site and using version 0.6.1 I have had the following results:

when i try big sur, after it finishes the install and does its final reboot before logging in for the first time it freezes at the start of the load

When I try with Monterey, the installer also ends, but when it reaches that last system load, it reaches approximately 30% of the bar, my Mac restarts

When I try with ventura, on the second load it reaches a point where it says "24 minutes left" the computer throws an error that says: "An error occurred while preparing the update" and asks me to restart the machine to boot from another disk ...

It should be noted that I have created the installers in high sierra and in mojave (with the dosdude1 patch because my graphics card is not compatible with metal), I have changed pendrives and I have used different 2.5" sata ssds to make the attempts to facility.

i use this video as a refference for the instalation. I do all that as i see on video and won't work.

Can someone help me with advice, a guide for installing any of these versions on my mac pro? Thanks in advance.

hwojtek

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
Poznan, Poland
Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 9.47.54 AM.png

Reactions: bmoraski

hwojtek

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
Poznan, Poland
Which one is yours?
Ventura install needs to be launched in an environment that is well-enough set up to fulfill system requirements.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.