Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Good to hear your on track with yours and sorry to hear its harder compared to September.

When i was reading September's challengers it seemed more people were posting harder objectives to complete as opposed to easier ones but with October's more posted easier challenges.
Maybe its just a coincidence with the people posting was well??

Oh, others are having 'easy Octobers'? Interesting. I wonder whether this is coincidence, or planned. Seems odd. I wish there was a way to go through my past goals and see if there is a pattern.

Last month's for me looked 'easy', but I fell short, and this month's is 'Do 5 exercises of over 61 minutes each day'. Only 5? Apple Health is falling down on the job. Compared to last month, it should be at least 20! :oops::eek:o_O

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Well, in my experience, the good thing (if there is one) is that if I miss a really big one, the next month seems more easily achievable. Eventually it backs down and doesn't try to kill me. Last months was hard for what I was going through at the time, so this month is way more attainable. Coincidence?

I think it was two years ago: I missed three months in a row, and the next was almost as easy as falling out of bed. I had it by the beginning of the second week.

I haven't decided if the ring goals are to coach me, punish me, or inspire me. It does seem that the more I achieve, the more painful the goals get. It doesn't seem to take into account my age or the weather, etc. One month was 'Run x number of minutes this month', when I have near absolute zero running intervals ever in Apple Health, or Strava.

Punishment, harassment, or just clueless.
The ring goals are just there to nag you to death! Now go stand/breath/meditate/wash your hands!

Nina Rosso

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2021
I wonder whether this is coincidence, or planned. Seems odd. I wish there was a way to go through my past goals and see if there is a pattern.

You can do that. On your phone, Fitness app, scroll down to Awards, click Show More, scroll to Monthly Challenges, click on one of the awards. There you’ll see the challenge you got the award for. You won’t see the challenges you failed, though.

Reactions: Captain Trips

Nina Rosso

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2021
54A05D58-984A-46D1-8AEE-D437FBAF837C.jpeg

This is going better than I expected. I learned last week that with one hour of Zumba I covered 5,6 kms….

slomtbr

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Mine was close my move ring for 25 consecutive days. It disappeared yesterday.
Edit - … and yet, I was awarded my badge on the 25th. :)

Attachments

• IMG_3234.jpeg
    IMG_3234.jpeg
    57.8 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

chriswhv6

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 6, 2015
If you don’t chill they will give you double next month. Put the watch in a drawer for a few days!
Yep will do so and if I do wear my Watch I’ll make sure to just close the rings and that’s it :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.