Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rm5

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 4, 2022
United States
I remember reading on 9to5Mac a few days ago that Mark Gurman (I think) said that there will not be an October event, because there are not enough products to release. But I think the reason is COMPLETELY different from that. I think it has to do with the fact that Apple's trying to revert back to their original schedule of events.

Keep in mind, this post is purely speculation, and my thinking about this—so we'll see what happens next month.

Before COVID, there were three events (at least in 2018 and 2019, which is what I'm basing my speculation on). Here's a list of events from 2018 onwards (including WWDC)

• 2018 - June, September, October - 3 in total
  • 2019 - March, June, September - 3 in total
  • 2020 - June, September, October, November - 4 in total
  • 2021 - April, June, September, October - 4 in total
  • 2022 - March, June, September - 3 in total SO FAR
Red text = "during" COVID
Blue text = "after" COVID

My definition of "during" and "after" is: "during" means that there was NO in-person component to the event. "After" means there IS an in-person component, whatever that is.

So, what's your thought? Will they have an October event or will they revert back to their original schedule?

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I'm not buying that there will be no event before the end of the year. They can't possibly just roll out a press release announcing the new Mac Pro...and that is still supposed to happen this year, right? It might not be an event with people and may revert back to the videos, but there has to be something more than just a press/product release.

rm5

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 4, 2022
United States
Everyone's saying that the two year transition has been "missed." I don't think so, because in reality, the first products to be ANNOUNCED and RELEASED were in November 2020—so that's when it started, NOT in June at WWDC when it was ANNOUNCED.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.