Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobesch

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 21, 2015
Kiel, Germany
To start with: got a Bondi last month, that didn't work.
Found this "Reset-button enhancement".
(Removal unfortunately didn't resolve the problem ... - but it shows, Reseting a Bondi seemed to be an often used mission-critical procedure on os9 )

What are your favorite, helpful or curious gadgets for your old Macs?

ResetTool1.jpg ResetTool2.jpg ResetTool3.JPG

They're a brilliant bit of design, and a lot safer than the outlets on the rest of the planet.

Yes. They have more exposed conductive surface area by which little fingers can be electrocuted at not 100–120 volts, but a whopping 220–240 volts.

As for safe and certain, the Australian/NZ plug is the smartest design: not much larger than North American plugs, there is only ever one way to plug an item into the mains. Its perpendicular poles are an assurance of that. :)

electricity.jpg

[doublepost=1555760808][/doublepost]
To start with: got a Bondi last month, that didn't work.
What are your favorite, helpful or curious gadgets for your old Macs?

In the PPC-only days, I kept a small, flathead screwdriver handy for locking/unlocking the keyboards used for the iBooks and Titanium PowerBooks.

These days, I always have in my bag a Phillips-head, dual-ended screwdriver — medium and tiny tip — with pen cap-style covers (one with a clip, which lets me keep it next to writing pens in the bag). I have used this screwdriver (more times than I can count) to open my unibody MacBook Pro 13" rapidly whenever something internal is running amok.

In a pinch, I have used a safety pin as an ad-hoc antenna for the Power Mac G5, since I lack the Apple T-shaped antenna (which are hard to find cheaply).

Last edited:

MagicBoy

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2006
Manchester, UK
Yes. They have more exposed conductive surface area by which little fingers can be electrocuted at not 100–120 volts, but a whopping 220–240 volts.

As for safe and certain, the Australian/NZ plug is the smartest design: not much larger than North American plugs, there is only ever one way to plug an item into the mains. Its perpendicular poles are an assurance of that. :)

BS1363 got there in 1947, sleeved pins arrived in 1984. Took you guys until the 1990s to steal our ideas... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.