Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spunkybart

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
Odd behavior...

I have a full sized HomePod stereo pair in 1 room, another full sized single HomePod upstairs, and a HomePod Mini.

Since the latest OS update (was it TVOS 14.5??), the full sized stereo pair has gotten annoyingly quirky. Now, if I tell the full sized pair to play 'everywhere', they exclude the Mini! Previously, they played 'everywhere' including the Mini. But now, the Mini always gets left out. It's like the pair have a grudge?

I've restarted all of them, but it doesn't fix the issue. So when I want to play everywhere, I now start it at the Mini. It's not the only quirk -- the full-sized pair is not as responsive, and sometimes they both speak -- that never happened before.

Another friend says he's having problems with his full-sized HomePod also. I'm frustrated with them really.

diamornte

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2009
Odd behavior...

I have a full sized HomePod stereo pair in 1 room, another full sized single HomePod upstairs, and a HomePod Mini.

Since the latest OS update (was it TVOS 14.5??), the full sized stereo pair has gotten annoyingly quirky. Now, if I tell the full sized pair to play 'everywhere', they exclude the Mini! Previously, they played 'everywhere' including the Mini. But now, the Mini always gets left out. It's like the pair have a grudge?

I've restarted all of them, but it doesn't fix the issue. So when I want to play everywhere, I now start it at the Mini. It's not the only quirk -- the full-sized pair is not as responsive, and sometimes they both speak -- that never happened before.

Another friend says he's having problems with his full-sized HomePod also. I'm frustrated with them really.
I am having issues with my big HomePods too. Factory resets don’t work. Homekit app doesn’t connect to them. Apple Music can’t connect to them. 14.5 broke something. The mini homepods I have play music fine. When I open the minis in my HomeKit app, they show albums last played, etc. But none of that shows for the Big Homepods. These were working beautifully before 14.5. I enjoyed playing my big HomePods over Christmas and Winter but now that it’s Spring I can’t use them bc Apple broke them.

bearda

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2005
Roanoke, VA
I was having some odd issues with a HomePod pair where the song I asked for would start playing for a few second, then switch to something entirely different I had never heard before. This was after the 14.5 update. It was driving me nuts until I unpaired them and paired them again and so far (fingers crossed) it hasn't been an issue.

Reactions: spunkybart

spunkybart

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
I was having some odd issues with a HomePod pair where the song I asked for would start playing for a few second, then switch to something entirely different I had never heard before. This was after the 14.5 update. It was driving me nuts until I unpaired them and paired them again and so far (fingers crossed) it hasn't been an issue.
I was also having that issue for a bit. So I tried your suggestion, and it seemed to have worked - the pair now include the Mini when playing everywhere! Thanks for the response!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.